* I love stories. I grew up reading voraciously (I was that kid at holiday parties sitting on the stairs, engrossed in a book) and I concentrated in English Literature and Visual Studies at Harvard. Then I found photography, and I knew I had found the way that I wanted to tell stories.
* Being creative makes me happy. With a camera, natural light and beautiful subjects, I make photographs. With words, I shape my experience of the world into not-very good poetry. With almond flour, agave, eggs, and miscellaneous nummy things, I create gluten free baked treats that don’t taste like cardboard. So, that’s it. I am building my life around photography, writing…and gluten free scones.
* I’m in love…with love. Take the obsession of most girls with Jane Austen’s marriage plot and multiply it by 100. When you tell me how you met it makes me a little giddy. When you tell me how you fell for your fiancé because he listened to the same indie band as you or that she loved cheap beer and the Red Sox, I swoon.
* I think a truly perfect day must end or begin with champagne.
* When I was 10, I declared that I wanted to be a Wiccan witch. I have since given up on spells.
* I had some wonderful wandering summers in college: Thailand, Laos, Nepal, England, France, Italy, Costa Rica, Argentina, Israel. I love to travel, and there are so many places I want to go next. Ok, to be honest, I just want to go back to Paris. We’re kind of in a long distance relationship.
* I wait all week with eager anticipation for the Sunday New York Times (and then retreat into my room with a pot of tea and skip immediately to the Wedding Announcements).
* I’ve been described as quirky, creative, silly, and bookish. I like to think I’m elegant and charming too, but I suppose that’s only some of the time…